Fellowship House Inc
1625 12th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
The Fellowship House provides a substance abuse recovery program designed to serve the special needs of an individual who suffers from alcoholism, drug addiction and co-occurring disorders.
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 933-2430 Fax: (205) 933-2475
7400 Roper Lane, Daphne, AL 36526
31214 Coleman Lane, Spanish Fort, AL 36527 phone: (251) -626-2199 / Fax: (251) 626-2388
E-Mail: info(AT)theshoulder.org Website: http://theshoulder.org/
- An assessment must be completed before treatment. There is a $50 fee for the assessment.
- potential client must call to schedule an assessment for himself or herself.
- We will not turn a client away based solely on ability to pay.
- client is required to be detoxified from alcohol and drugs PRIOR to admission to any of our programs.
- If you are incarcerated, please call The Shoulder for information on scheduling an assessment.
- A current (within last 6 months) TB test
- Proof of registration and automobile insurance if client intends to operate a vehicle while in residence. Driving privileges must be approved by a counselor
Phoenix House Inc
700 35th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Phone: (205) 758-3867 www.phoenixhousetuscaloosa.com
The Phoenix House, Inc. of Tuscaloosa, Alabama is a freestanding, non-profit Transitional Housing facility (Level III.01 and III.1) that began operation in the late 1960’s as a half-way house for alcoholic men and evolved to its current mission and structure in 1994. During this period, the Phoenix House provided opportunities for addiction recovery in both residential and outpatient levels of care. The primary mission is to assist individuals in their recovery from alcohol and drug addiction and help them return to society as productive members during a 90 day program. Success is achieved through individual, group and family counseling, vocational and adult education, life skills training, and job training/placements.
Location: 700 35th Avenue Tuscaloosa, AL
Hours: Monday-Friday: 6AM-6PM, Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 758-3867 Fax: (205) 758-3803 Admissions: jennifercolvin6(AT)gmail.com
Saint Annes Home Inc
2772 Hanover Circle, Birmingham, AL 35205
Phone: (205) 933-2402 / Fax: (205) 933-2479 www.stanneshome.org
info(AT)stanneshome.org Intake Coordinator at – (205) 933-2402, extension 228
- A rehab for adult women only, charging only $150 per month for services. The average length of stay is 90 days and the facility is equipped to handle dual diagnosis patients. Women must get referred to the facility by a health professional, and there is normally a waiting list.
- 19 years old or older at the time of admission
- Clients should be abstinent from mood altering substances of abuse for at least 72 hours prior to admission. This will be confirmed via drug screen at the time of admission
- Priority will be given to women who are pregnant with intravenous substance use disorders, other pregnant women with substance use disorders, women with dependent children, IV drug users, and HIV positive women.
Genesis MBTC Northport Alabama
PO Box 869, Northport, AL 35476 / (205) 267-0293 www.facebook.com/missionteensinc/ http://www.missionteens.com
11989 Ben Clements Rd. Northport, Alabama 35475
Faith based discipleship program / NO CHARGE FOR THE PROGRAM
- Adults (ages 18 and up) can apply to any of our centers for help.
- Admission is on a bed availability basis.
- Our centers are open to both men and women.
- resident may be required to have a return ticket (or the equivalent)
- Any serious health or legal problems should be taken care of before coming into the center.
Restoration Ranch Tuscumbia Alabama
PO Box 767, Tuscumbia, AL 35647
722 Little Israel Road, Tuscumbia, AL – 35674 (Colbert County) (800) 591-6474 / (256) 381-0930
- Christ-centered discipleship drug, alcohol and emotional rehab residential treatment program
- 8 to 10 month rehabilitation program
- Eligibility: Individuals 18 and older with a drug, alcohol, or emotional problem who are desperate for help.
- Hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Mon-Sat
- Intake procedure: Call For Appointment
- Fees: No Fee for Service
The Foundry Ministries
P.O. Box 824, Bessemer, AL 35021 – (205) 424-HOPE (4673)
info(AT)foundryministries.com Business Office – 1804 Sixth Ave N, Bessemer, AL 35020
P (205) 428-8449 / F (205) 428-6999 recovery(AT)foundryministries.com
- The Men’s Recovery Center – 1804 6th Ave North, Bessemer, Al 35020
- The Women’s Recovery Center – 1800 4th Ave North, Bessemer, Al 35020
- The Foundry Farm – 575 County Road 1676, Cullman, Al 35058 80 beds for men
- The Changed Lives Christian Center = 1308 26th Avenue North, Birmingham, Al 35204
- The Prison Re-entry Center – 1616 5th Ave North, Bessemer, Al 35020
– 3 Locations in AL
The programs are typically 12-18 months and consist of Bible studies, work projects, education (for adolescents), recreation and more. Many aspects of the program differ slightly between centers, such as cost, application processes, and day-to-day activities. HOLISTIC RECOVERY
Alabama Teen Challenge, Inc. (Admin Office) – P.O. Box 270, Lincoln, Alabama 35096
(205) 763-0909 office / (205) 763-0948 fax
Although many potential students do not initiate contact with potential programs, during the admissions process, most programs will want to speak directly with the applicant.
Please understand that it is your responsibility to provide transportation to and from Teen Challenge.
Adolescent Teen Challenge programs generally work with teens ages 12-17. Most adult programs work with individuals over the age of 18. There is not usually an upper range age cap in adult programs. The average age in adult Teen Challenge programs is between 25-35.
Each individual Teen Challenge program has its own policy regarding fees, tuition, and refunds. This information should be thoroughly explained, and provided in writing, at the time of admission. In most cases, admission fees are non-refundable. In adolescent programs where finances are more of an issue, refund policies will be provided by the individual Teen Challenge programs.
There are a few Teen Challenge programs that work with the whole family. there are some Teen Challenge programs that are for mothers and their children. Call (417) 581-2181, or visit our Residential page for more details.
Most Teen Challenge programs require that you detox – preferably a medically supervised detox – prior to entering the program
Costs vary from center to center.
- BAY MINETTE, ALABAMA – 9280 Hurricane Rd, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507 (251) 580-0091 office (251) 580-0950 fax bray(AT)alatc.org http://alatc.org Men’s Center – South accepts Men (18+), including those that are on parole, on probation, using a wheelchair. Note: 12 month program for adult males, ages 18 and up. Christian faith-based, residential care.
- JONES, ALABAMA – 3888 County Rd 261, Jones, Alabama 36749 (334) 872-0133 office
(334) 872-0030 fax bpurvis(AT)alatc.org http://alatc.org Men’s Center – West accepts Men (18+), including those that are on parole, on probation, using a wheelchair.
- LINCOLN, ALABAMA – 450 Drew Avenue, Lincoln, Alabama 35096 (205) 763-0855 office
(205) 763-0948 fax bpurvis(AT)alatc.org http://alatc.org Men’s Center Lincoln accepts Men (18+), including those that are on parole, on probation, spanish-speaking, using a wheelchair.
CANAAN LAND MINISTRIES
449 County Road 165, Autaugaville, AL 36003
phone: (334) 365-2200 http://canaanland.com
- non-denominational, Christian home. Men 18 years and older can apply to become students in the one year program
FELLOWSHIP HOUSE INC BIRMINGHAM
1625 12th Ave S., Birmingham, AL 35205
Tel: (205) 933-2430 / Fax: (205) 933-2475
E-Mail: cedric.ellison(AT)fshbhm.org Website: http://fshbhm.org/
- Applicant must provide a current (less than one year old) psychosocial assessment or history and physical with an axis I substance dependence diagnosis.
- Applicant must complete Fellowship House application.
- Applicant must not currently be in physical withdrawal from any substance.
- Applicant must complete screening interview with intake staff where any special needs will be assessed and addressed.
- Applicant must provide social security card, printout, or picture ID.
- Admission fee: $35.00
- Residential program service fee: Sliding scale of 30% of net income, not exceeding total cost of treatment
- Food stamps: All meals are provided by FSH. Clients eligible for food stamps will submit their EBT cards to FSH on the day of admission
- The vast majority of clients served by Fellowship House have no income or insurance at the time that they start working with us. Don’t let lack of finances stop you from seeking help from Fellowship House- we will work with you to meet these responsibilities.
Huntsville Salvation Army
305 Seminole Drive, Huntsville, AL 35805
Ph: 256-536-0442 http://salvationarmyalm.org
six-month to a year rehabilitation FOR MEN
THE LOVELADY CENTER
7720 Ludington Ln, Irondale, AL 35210
7916 2nd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35206 Main: (205) 833-7410 / Fax: (205) 833-9997
9-12 mo program for women and women w/children
“A NEW DOOR” Sober Living – ABSOLUTIONS COUNSELING CENTER
426 Perry Hill Rd, Montgomery AL 36109 phone: (334) 303-5594
To reserve a bed, a $100.00 deposit is required. This money is refunded at the time one leaves the home to continue their transition by returning to the community at large. The $100.00 will not be refundable if one leaves prior to their 90-day commitment, or demonstrates relapse behavior and is asked to leave. fee is only $100.00 per week.
FAITH RESCUE MISSION
– Montgomery AL – (334) 262-6024
1415 2nd Ave, Opelika, AL 36801 http://harvestevangelism.org
phone: 334-332-3932 E-Mail: contactus(AT)harvestevangelism.org
PO Box 2888, Opelika, AL 36803 334-742-0777
Application on website. Fill out and return to: Mail: 1415 2nd Ave Opelika, AL 36801 Fax: 334-203-1830 Email: frankcraft7(AT)gmail.com
FREE program for adult males
adult females – return application to:
the Director: Hosanna Home PO Box 125; Lafayette, AL 36862
Mission of Hope Ministries
P. O. Box 8504, Mobile, Alabama 36689
Phone:251-649-0830 Fax:251-645-0077 http://www.missionofhopeministries.net
- No tobacco of any kind is allowed on our property
- See website for list of things to bring
- Free program
- The program for men is called Mission of Hope. We have three locations for ladies: Haven of Hope Moffett Rd, Haven of Hope Taylor House, and Haven of Hope Fruitdale. The Moffett Rd and Taylor House locations are in Mobile County, Alabama, and Haven of Hope Fruitdale is in Fruitdale, A
Center of Hope
2906 Bynum Leatherwood Road, Anniston, AL. 36201
Tel: (256) 236-9716 / Fax: (256) 236-9736
- 12 mo free faith based program
- Application on website
CAP Drug Rehab
1153 Air Base Blvd, Montgomery AL, 36108
Ph 334 265 4544 / FAX (334) 265-0475 http://www.capmgm.com/ Admissions: (334) 269-2150
- A low cost residential rehab for men. 25$ per day including room and board and 5 hours of therapy daily, those with greater incomes may be asked to pay more. Offering 12 steps, group therapy and individual counseling, you will need to call to schedule an assessment and intake interview, and you must be sober at the time of your assessment intake interview.
Shelby Mental Health ( The Hamilton Center)
The Chilton Shelby Mental Health Center at The Hamilton Center includes:
Outpatient Services, Adult Intensive Day Treatment Program, Substance Abuse Services.
They are very community based and are a non-profit organization that caters to those with mental illness, intellectual disabilities and/or substance use disorders. Every person is case by case and the services received will be individual and specific to the patient. Charges are on a sliding fee scale based on income and other factors, cash, self-payment, Medicaid, state financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid, or private health insurance.
The Bridge (Tuscaloosa Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center)
The program is designed for youth between the ages of 12 and 18 who meet the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s criteria for Level I or Level II treatment placement. The Tuscaloosa Outpatient Center offers outpatient, intensive outpatient, continuing care services and TASS, an evening reporting center. The service model is based on a blended therapeutic approach, drawing from four theoretical frameworks (Rogerian, behavioral, cognitive, and reality). The program emphasizes an individualized treatment plan that includes the family unit as well as the adolescent. Location:
151 Hamilton Lane Calera, AL 35040
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Saturday- Sunday Closed
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 668-4308 Fax: (205) 668-0894
Location: 6001 12th Avenue East Tuscaloosa, AL 35405 Hours: N/A
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 344-6483 Email: TuscaloosaOP(AT)bridgeinc.org
Aletheia House is a community-based organization that has been providing substance abuse treatment and prevention services to low-income individuals, and the communities in which they live, since 1972. It is one of Alabama’s largest providers of substance abuse treatment, substance abuse/HIV prevention, employment services and affordable housing.
Locations: Men’s Services – 201 Finley Avenue West Birmingham, AL 35204
Women’s and Wellness Services – 3512 7th Ave South Birmingham, AL 35204
Veterans’ Services and Employment Training Programs – 2631 Ensley Avenue Birmingham, AL 35204
Administration/Housing/Other Services – 201 Finley Avenue West Birmingham, AL 35204 Hours: 24/7 Contact Info:
Men’s Services: (205) 324-6502
Women’s and Wellness Services: (205) 279-3999
Veterans’ Services and Employment Training Programs: (205) 788-5122 Administration/Housing/Other Services: (205) 324-6502
Birmingham Veteran Administration
Our Substance Abuse Treatment Program (SATP) provides high quality treatment to patients with psychoactive substance use disorders using both VA and community resources to create a full continuum of care.
Location: 700 South 19th Street Birmingham AL, 35233 Hours: N/A
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 933-8101 Ext. 5510 Fax: (205) 933-4484
We offer an array of mental health, financial counseling, foster care services to support Alabama families and move our state forward with tremendous outcomes. We provide services such as: Family counseling, Intensive in-home services, Therapeutic foster care, and Residential programs. Location: 1401 20th Street South Birmingham, AL 35205
Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8AM- 5PM, Friday: 8AM-4:30PM Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 510-2600 Centralized Intake: (205) 510- 2755
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Our Substance Abuse Treatment Program (SATP) provides high quality treatment to patients with psychoactive substance use disorders using both VA and community resources to create a full continuum of care. Location: 3701 Loop Road. East Tuscaloosa, AL 35404 Hours: N/A
Contact Info: Phone: (205) 554-2000
SpectraCare’s services include: Developmental Disability Services, Medical Services, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Programs, Residential Treatment Facilities, Child & Adolescent Services, Community Services, Prevention Services, Court Referral Program, Court Referral Education Program (CREP) and Emergency Services Helpline.
*These services can be provided for clients who have approved health insurance*
Location: 3542 Montgomery HWY, Dothan, AL 36302 Hours: 24/7
Contact Info: Phone: (800) 951-4357 Fax: (334) 712-2727
SpectraCare The Haven
831 John D Odom Road, Dothan, AL 36303
Ph (334) 794-3771 / 800-951-HELP (4357) www.spcare.com
Administration Office: 3542 Montgomery HWY, Dothan, AL 36302
Phone – (800) 951-4357 / Fax – (334) 712-2727
- Medicaid / Medicare Accepted
- If you don’t have insurance: If you are unable to pay for all of your services and you do not have health insurance, Medicare Part B, or Medicaid, you may apply for financial assistance in paying for the cost of your services received. To obtain financial assistance, you must provide written proof of certain financial information. To determine if you may qualify for financial assistance, please contact our Access to Care Department at 800-951-4357.
- The Haven, located in Dothan, Alabama is a residential treatment facility for both men and women with alcohol or other drug related problems.
- Admission priority is given to pregnant women, IV drug users, people with dependent children.
3104 Ivy Ave, SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
Phone 256-534-7644 / Fax 256-533-0760 http://www.pathfinderhsv.com Email: thepathfinderinc(AT)gmail.com
- 90 day Men’s program
- Must be detoxed – must be drug and alcohol free for a minimum of 72 hours
- program emphasizes the 12-step program
- clients are required to obtain employment and pay a portion of the cost for their housing and services
- provides follow up care
- can return to for help and guidance when they need it
- dually diagnosed and have co-occurring disorders
East Alabama Mental Health Center
3 Available Substance Abuse Locations
Opelika Addiction Center – 2300 Center Hills Dr., Building I, Opelika, AL 36801 Chambers County Addiction Center – 410 9th Avenue, Lafayette, Alabama Russell County Addiction Center – 3170 Martin Luther King Pkwy., S Phenix City, AL 36868
Ph 334-742-2130 / Help Available 24/7: (334) 742-2877 or (800) 815-0630 Non-emergency services can be requested during normal business hours at (800) 815-0630 or (334) 742-2877 http://eamhc.org
- outpatient and intense outpatient services
- Medicaid accepted
8017 2nd Avenue South – Birmingham, Alabama 35206
Olivia House Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers, Inc.
Alcoholism Recovery Services, Inc will provide substance abuse treatment services at Olivia’s House. Olivia’s House provides holistic care for chemically dependent women and their children. Children, up to age 10, live with their mothers at Olivia’s House during the course of residential treatment, a period of up to twelve months.
Telephone – (205) 833-5708 – Fax – (205) 838-8452 https://adatc.org
- Children, up to age 10, live with their mothers at Olivia’s House during the course of residential treatment, a period of up to twelve months
- Children will be seen for routine sick and well child care at the Birmingham Health Care for the Homeless Pediatric Clinic (BHHPC), the Maternal Infant Network at University Hospital (MIN) Clinic, Children’s Hospital, or the Jefferson County Public Health Clinic. At all of these resources they will also receive vision, hearing, and dental care.
- Residential and outpatient substance abuse group therapy
- On site developmental child care center
- Pregnant IV drug using women are given preference to treatment.
- The priorities of admission are (1) Pregnant IV drug users (2) Pregnant substance abuse users and (3) IV users.
- Women must have or seeking to regain custody of at least one child between the ages of 0-12.
- We also accept clients from prison or who have legal issues.
2701 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL / 59th Alley, Fairfield, AL 35064
Ph (205) 923-6552 https://adatc.org
Client Assessments, Medically supervised detoxification ,Group counseling, Individual counseling, Family counseling, Educational lectures, Nutritional counseling, Individualized treatment planning, Self-help group meetings, Psychiatric services and After care Services
- indigent detoxification program, serving male and females – inpatient
- medically supervised systematic reduction of the substance
- During the detoxification process, clients are administered medications which provide for safe withdrawal from chemicals of abuse, stabilization of bodily functions, and replacement of nutritional deficiencies.
- open to men and women ages 18 and above
- The priorities of admission are (1) Pregnant IV drug users (2) Pregnant substance abuse users and (3) IV users
Zukoski Center HIV Outreach Program
601 Princeton Ave Southwest, Birmingham, AL 35211
Ph (205) 785-5787 https://adatc.org
- Provide HIV Case Management. / Provide HIV Educational Lectures.
- Provide Intensive Outpatient (IOP) counseling and education.
- Provide HIV screening and testing, (pre and post testing).
- program is voluntary and open to men and women
- Individuals seeking help must first call for a telephone screening to determine eligibility. If eligible, you will be scheduled an assessment appointment time.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Meet the DSM-IV-R diagnosis for substance abuse or substance dependence.
- Must be conscious and coherent.
- Must have transportation.
- Fees are based on a sliding fee scale depending on the client income and expenses. No one is denied services due to inability to pay. Medicaid is accepted.
- A forty-two dollar ($42.00) lab fee is charged to cover lab work associated with physical examination.
- The length of treatment at Zukoski Center is variable. The program is individualized and so is one’s progress.
Mountain View Hospital
3001 Scenic Hwy, Gadsden, AL 35904
Outpatient Clinic – GADSDEN CLINIC, 3001 Scenic Highway, Gadsden, AL 35904 ph (256) 546-9265 / (256)547-2760
Ph (256) 546-9265 / 800-245-3645 / Careline 1-800-662-1002 https://mountain-view-hospital
- 68 beds
- Medicare approved, and for ages up to 21, Medicaid approved.
- chemical dependency outpatient treatment
New Beginnings Ministries Restoration Center
3185 Pea Ridge Rd, Brewton, AL 36426 Phone: (251) 809-1155 / (251) 727-1655 https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Beginnings-Ministries-Restoration-Center/569318183108513
- Faith based
- 12-step framework recovery program
- Dual diagnosis
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Residential treatment program
- Free – All of the services provided to patients at the center are dependent on the contributions that are made to the organization. Patients who are in need of treatment at the company may choose to make a donation themselves, should they have the financial resources to do so.
Royal Pines Center / Jimmie Hale Mission
– P.O. Box 10472, Birmingham, AL 35202
Phone: (256) 352-9444 / 205-323-5878 https://jimmiehalemission.com/ministries-more/royal-pines/ info(AT)jimmiehalemission.com
Shepura Men’s Center / Homeless shelter and recovery program for men – 3420 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35222 Phone: (205) 324-2271 Email: vines(AT)jimmiehalemission.com
- 160 bed Men’s
- Bible-based recovery classes
Jessie’s Place / Intermediate shelter for women and children – 2305 5th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203 Phone: (205) 323-0170 Email: latonya(AT)jessiesplace.com
Royal Pines Recovery Center / Bible-based, 12-step recovery program for men – 5 Guinns Cove Road, Hayden, AL 35079 Ph: (256) 352-9444 Email: george(AT)royalpines.org
- 16-week, in-resident recovery center for men that uses a Biblical approach to overcoming life’s struggles. Bible based 12 step recovery classes
- Individual counseling sessions
The Jimmie Hale Mission
We are a Christian based nonprofit, since our beginning as a storefront chapel in 1944.
Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc. (more commonly referred to as The Jimmie Hale Mission), has grown considerably over the years to become a multi-faceted ministry with several programs including a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children, after-school Bible clubs, recovery programs, learning centers and fundraising thrift stores.
Northport, Alabama Genesis MBTC
PO Box 869, Northport, AL 35476 Ph (205) 267-0293
Indian Rivers Mental Health Center
2209 9th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Phone: (205) 391-3131 / Administration: 205.391.3135
Pickens County Office: 140 Court Square E, Carrollton, AL 35447 Phone: 205.367.8159 / Fax: 205.367.1237
Bibb County Office: 2439 Main St, Brent, AL 35034 Phone: 205.926.4681 / Fax: 205.926.6016
Tuscaloosa County Office: 2209 9th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 Phone: 205.391.3131
- Adult Mental Illness Outpatient Services
Indian Rivers Adult outpatient treatment focuses on recovery, symptom reduction, illness management, and stabilization. Initial assessments determine the most appropriate type of therapeutic intervention for each person. Services include individual, group, and family therapy, education about mental illness for groups and individuals, and psychiatric evaluation and management.
Adult outpatient services provide care for adults 19 and older.
Location: 2209 9th Street Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 Hours: N/A
Contact Info: Phone: 1-205-391-3131 Fax Numbers: Administration: (205) 391-3135
A Woman’s Place (Through Indian Rivers)
Inpatient services for substance abusing women who are pregnant or have dependent children are provided by women counselors to facilitate the most effective possible treatment. Adult inpatient services provide care for adults 19 and older.
Location: 2209 9th Street Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 Hours: N/A Contact Info: Phone: (205) 333-9184 Fax: (205) 3397246
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
Treatment plans are developed for all adults, 18 years or older, who have a primary addiction to opioids (painkillers or heroin).
Location: 151 Industrial Drive Birmingham, AL 35211
Hours: Monday-Friday: 5:30AM-2PM Saturday and Sunday 6-10AM Contact Info: Phone: 205-941-1799 Fax: 205-942-2037 Email: birmingham.al(AT)cmglp.com Medical Records: (205) 391-3135 Physicians: (205) 391-3136
Rapha Treatment Center/Rapha Ministries
677 W Covington Ave, Attalla, AL 35954
phone: (256) 538-7458 / fax: (256) 776-7772 www.raphaministries.net recovery(AT)raphaministries.net
- Application and lists of what to bring and not to bring located on website
- Male and female minimum of 19 yrs of age
- Clients must have a current physical exam (within past 12 months) or arrange for the exam within two weeks of admission.
- No sexual or violent offenders
- 5-6 month program